UNSUNG HERO OF THE THEATRE (UHOT) AWARD
Submission deadline: September 15, 2017
This honorary award was established in 2014 to celebrate the members of our community who too rarely get the public recognition they deserve. Think of stage managers, carpenters, set painters, administrators, and the myriad of talented craftspeople that bring a production to life.
Over the past 3 years the METAC (METAs Committee) has received a great response from companies, and the community’s reaction to the UHOT presentation at the METAs Ceremony confirms the award as an important part of the annual event.
2013-2014 Melanie St-Jacques — Stage Manager
2014-2015 Howard Mendelsohn — Production Manager, Centaur Theatre Company
2015-2016 Steve Schön — Technical Director
How to Submit a Nomination
Though secrecy is not mandatory, we encourage you to submit your nomination without informing the nominee. The humble nature of these unsung heroes often makes them weary of public recognition.
Companies and individuals who wish to nominate an Unsung Hero of the Theatre should prepare a letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining the following:
- Name and title of the nominee.
- Your professional relationship to the nominee (if any).
- Nature of the nominee’s involvement in the community.
- Timeframe of the nominee’s involvement.
- Qualities appreciated in the nominee’s work.
- Examples of feats or prowesses the nominee has accomplished, or how she/he goes out of his way to help.
- Examples of companies, productions or individuals who have benefitted from the nominee’s dedication.
Send your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2017. You will receive an email to acknowledge that your nomination has been received. Only one nomination will be selected by the METAC as the honouree, to be announced at the 5th Annual METAs Ceremony (October 23, at the Rialto).
Please note that this Honorary Award is not open to self-nominations.