We all know that it takes a lot of dedicated people, hard-work and resources to make theatre – well the same is true of theatre awards. The METAs would not be possible without the generous time and talents of its many volunteers.
Here are some of the ways in which the METAs are currently sustained by dedicated people and institutions:
- The totally, completely volunteer time and energy of the Committee and Jury
- In-kind donations
- Private sponsorships and public partnerships
- Registration fees paid by theatre companies
- Ticket sales for the Ceremony
- Paid ads in the METAs Ceremony Programme
- The volunteer time and talent of the Ceremony creative team, including hosts, musicians, writers, and designers
These are all key to the survival of the METAs, and greatly appreciated! But unfortunately they don’t cover all the costs, such as:
- The production of the trophies
- Design and printing of the Ceremony Programme
- Catering, and technical support
- Providing free tickets to all Nominees
- Miscellaneous costs like piano tuning, printing tickets, transporting equipment, etc.
We are committed to keeping tickets free for nominees and reasonable for guests, and to creating an event that celebrates our theatre community’s talent with style. To do so, we need to raise some money!
Please consider donating or volunteering your time! Click here to contact us about alternate ways of donating or to volunteer.